Wednesday 17 October 2012

Actors disappear as police drama CLIF returns

SINGAPORE: It's not time for the police officers of Tanglin Police Division to give up their badges just yet.

Channel 8 has once again joined forces with the Singapore Police Force for "C.L.I.F. 2".

The sequel to the hit police drama series "C.L.I.F" will however be without Singaporean actor Tay Ping Hui who had a leading role alongside Guangzhou native Qi Yu Wu.

So other than the missing lead, what's new for "C.L.I.F. 2"?

"The big difference is that "C.L.I.F. 2" will explore the emotional relationships between the characters more," said Singapore-based actor Qi.

"For example, the relationship between Joanne and me, and my character's family background."

"But of course there is still real police work to be done to solve cases like in C.L.I.F."

However, even as a returning officer of the law, the 35-year-old revealed that he doesn't miss the action scenes reminiscent of C.L.I.F.

"Look forward to the scenes? No!" he laughed, "every time I shoot those scenes, I feel very pressured!"

"There's no take two, there's only one explosion."

"I feel more comfortable doing scenes with people."

The actor added that he was "looking forward" to working with the new cast, one of whom is actress-singer Rui En.

The bubbly actress who just wrapped up filming for "Poetic Justice" is head over heels with her latest role.

"I'm looking forward to the scenes where the police conduct their operations!" said Rui En who plays a police officer.

"There's also going to be a scene where the star team comes and they're going to catch someone, I'm so excited about that!" she gushed.

"How they conduct the whole operation, it's not something that many people will get to see… (unless) you're the one being caught… then I don't think it's very good."

"But you know, it's quite a treat for me!" grinned the actress.

The self-professed "little boy" will also show her girlish charms, with her character involved with two men Chen Yan Jun (Pierre Png) and Wei Lan Tian (Li Nanxing) in the police drama.

"I'm playing a psychiatrist." said Png who seemed just a tad disappointed that he wasn't playing a police officer role.

"My story revolves around Li Nanxing and Rui En, so again I play a third party," he added with a laugh.

"But I think the audience should really look out for how my character pans out. I heard there's going to be something unexpected. I'm not what I appear to be, so look out for those signs," said Png with a smile as he left with his cliff hanger.

"C.L.I.F. 2" debuts on February 18 and will air every weeknight at 9pm on Channel 8.

- CNA/fl